As per the AICTE Regulations dated 01.07.2009 UGC Regulations dated 17.06.2009 and Directions of the Honâ€™ble Supreme Court of India â€śRaggingâ€ť in anyway is banned.
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following Acts with or without any intention by any Student or Group of Students:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts or Disturbs the Regular Academic Activity.
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardships, Physical or Psychological Harm or creates Fear.
4. Any act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
5. Any act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or Danger to Health or Life.
6. Any act of Abuse by Spoken Words, e-mail, SMS, MMS or Public Insult etc.
7. Any act of Injury to the Fundamental Right to Human Dignity.
8. Any act of Wrongful Confinement, use of Criminal Force Trespass or Intimidation.
9. Any Unlawful Assembly or Abatement or Conspiracy to â€śRaggingâ€ť.
Punishment for Ragging
Any student or Group of Students found guilty of â€śRaggingâ€ť in the Campus or Hostels or College Buses or even outside the Campus shall be liable for one or more of the following Punishment:
1. Suspension from Attending Classes and Academic Privileges.
2. Suspension or Expulsion from Hostels/College Bus.
3. Debarring from Appearing in any Seasonal Test/University Examination.
4. F.I.R. against the Concerned Student or Group of Students.
5. Withdrawing Scholarship and other Benefits.
6. Fine upto Rs. 25,000/- to the Concerned Student of Group of Students.
7. Rustication from the Institution for a period of One to Four Semesters.
8. Expulsion from the Institution and also Debarring from Admission to any other Institution through University.
9. Entry in the Character/Transfer Certificates regarding the Punishment given for any Act of â€śRaggingâ€ť.
The following committees are constituted for prevention of â€śRaggingâ€ť
1. Anti-Ragging Committee:
It shall be the duty of Anti Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of these Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging, and also to monitor and oversee the performance of Anti-Ragging Squad/ Proctorial Board in prevention of Ragging in the Institution.
2. Anti-Ragging Squad/Proctorial Board:
This committed headed by the Chief Proctor and duty of this committee shall take a regular round in the campus, make surprise raids on hostels and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for Ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
3. Mentoring Cell:
Institution constituted a Mentoring Cell, consisting of students volunteering to be Mentors for the freshers.